Thursday, March 28, 2013

Santa Barbara & Goleta




Rancho La Patera
Stow House
Goleta, North of Santa Barbara
Purchased in 1871 by the Stow family
Known for its lemon groves. Today it is a state park, kept in its natural environs.


Lake Stow, today known as Lake Los Cameros, was originally a holding pond for water from the local mountains to irrigate the orchards.


A Coot, one of many visitors to the clear lush ponds. 


Ruddy Duck on the paddle


You know me....Right?  I don't know me. Does anyone out there, maybe one of you birders, have any idea who I am. Help!



I'm a sagebrush lizard waiting for lunch to come along. 

The old "Aermotor" wind pump used to provide fresh water to the Stow house still operating today.




1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful photographer Thomas. I love these photos of Lake Los Carneros. You give me such a varied view and a delightful experience of this locale.

    Thank you, Andiegirl

    ReplyDelete