Friday, August 5, 2011

FLIGHTS OF FANTASY

MFA Exhibit

FLIGHTS OF FANTASY  My entry into the anthropomorphic form. Part human, part airplane, part bird and all fantasy.  As a child my dreams and reality seemed interchangeable. I have never been troubled about whether I could fly, of course I could fly.  As I grew up I found it easer to use wings and a small motor. I learned to fly ultralight aircraft, little more than a wing, small engine, propeller and a lawn chair. It was  the most basic of flying machines.  The pilot, sitting out in the open like a bird.  It was from these feelings that my vision and my sculpture came together as one.


Flying Ulterlights
Lake Elsonor California



Early flight  "Aeroplane"

"Jet Eagle Woman"
















"Things that Go Flight in the Night




 A special thank you to Elizabeth, my model,
  for your endless hours of posing and patience.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your portfolio. I have only seen one of these pictures previously.

    ReplyDelete